Metanoia Schools are schools for children with special educational needs and specifically ‘developmental delays’ including Autistic Spectrum Disorders
There are several schools which claim to cater for children within this group, so how are we different?
- We pride ourselves on the delivery of high quality education to all our children. All our schools are registered with the Education Department
- Teachers are qualified and registered with SACE. They are specifically selected for their dedication to our ‘special’ children and are further trained to deliver our unique model. They are supported by trained classroom assistants.
- We emphasise the importance of the learning environment, one in which the children feel unconditionally accepted, and safe. The environment is designed to provide a calm atmosphere with all staff trained in recognising triggers that result in emotional and physical behavioural outbursts. A consistent approach to managing and overcoming behavioural challenges is practiced.
- We recognise the importance of parental involvement and we ensure that parents are involved in the planning of their children’s educational and development targets and kept updated of their daily progress. In this way parents are supported and the child’s targets are followed through at school and at home.
- We recognise the need for an education that is individualised, taking into account the child’s challenges as well as his / her strengths. The curriculum is driven by Educational Therapy. At the core of the Metanoia education philosophy is Eureka learning Systems Educational Therapy (ELS). In this way the child’s abilities dictate the level of literacy and numeracy curriculum delivery.
- We have a specifically developed holistic curriculum, including music, movement, art, social and emotional development. Self help skills, independence, communication, interactions and language are at the core of everything we do throughout the school day.